Thursday, January 22, 2009

Palm Springs vacation

Jake and I spent a long weekend in Palm Springs. Primary purpose was to see his folks who are in a nursing home, but secondary purpose was to just get away together. We don't do that as we should. We were both so relaxed. The weather was wonderful. We had a good breakfast at Sherman's http://www.shermansdeli.com/. My serving was so big that I immediately split it in half before I started eating and then added to the take-home part because it filled me up. Jake and I shared the leftover for breakfast the next day! We also had supper at the Blue Coyote http://www.bluecoyote-grill.com/. The weather was perfect for eating outside.

One of the best parts of the vacation was just sitting outside and reading. Here is a picture of Jake doing just that. This was taken on the patio at his brother's house.
As for the weight loss, it was only 1 pound this week, but considering the good food and good drinks we had I am satisfied with the 1 pound loss. This week, I am staying away from the chips & salsa and margaritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment